31 May 2009

random book talk

As a very busy girl, I should be devoting my Sundays mainly to working on my dissertations (which I am truly fed up with), but I always find myself browsing the net for even more books instead - typical. I'm addicted, I really am. I have over 100 purchased & unread books on my book shelf, but I keep buying new ones on almost a daily basis.

I order them online and so on Friday the copy of The Chocolate Lover's Club by Carole Matthews arrived. The next day, I got two more books I ordered: What's Love Got To Do It with It by Lucy Broadbent and Airhead by Meg Cabot.


Just a few minutes ago, after spending far too much time browsing various book sites, just bought Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (seems promising + Speak was amazing so I'm rather excited about this one, even though I expect it to be quite disturbing) and The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax. I told myself I wouldn't buy them just now, I'll just add them to my Visual Bookshelf and buy them later, but I. Just. Could. Not. Resist. And so I clicked the Add to Basket button, followed by the Checkout button. The books will be here soon and I'm excited, but I can just hear my credit card whimpering as the poor thing has really been under a lot of stress lately, mainly due to my craaaazy online book shopping addiction.

I keep telling myself that I should STOP (I really do spend a fortune on books) but I truly cannot help myself. Bookaholics Anonymous, here I come. :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment