The past weeks have been nothing short of spectacular in terms of books - I mean, just LOOK at all the lovelies I got!!!
- SING YOU HOME by Jodi Picoult - I used to be a massive Picoult fan and I've read almost all her books, but this one just doesn't appeal so much, I guess ... At the same time, I'm very tempted to read it because I know Picoult sure can tell a fantastic story ... So we'll see, but I might not be able to resist it after all! Thanks though, Hodder!
- ALONG CAME A STORK by Marisa Mackle - Review copy from Poolbeg. And while the cover is rather gooorgeous and eyecatching, I'm really not about books about pregnant women. Not my cup of tea, but it looks very pretty!
- THE WEIRD SISTERS by Eleanor Brown (ARC) - This one comes out in the UK in August and don't you just LOVE the cover? Totally makes me want to read the book!
- THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (ARC) - This one also comes out in August and is said to be THE publishing event of 2011! The final UK cover is rather pretty, but so is this one actually - I'm loving the simplicity and the beautiful lettering! Sounds good too!
- GIRL ON THE RUN by Jane Costello - I've already read this one and quite liked it. Review to come eventually, hehe. Lovely cover though, no?
- IDOL by Carrie Duffy (ARC) - Squeeee! I've been wanting to read this one ever since I've heard of it and saw the cover (gorgeous, y/y?!) so I was over the moon that I was able to snag an ARC! Can't wait to read it, although I'm told it's much raunchier than it looks, hehe. ;)
- TO MARRY A PRINCE by Sophie Page - Squeeee! Another book that I've been dying to read for months and now I finally have it, yay - all I need is some free time, bah! Will deffo read this asap, but probably not in time for the big fat Royal Wedding in a couple of weeks. Shame but oh well.
- PEARL by Deidre Purcell - This one sounds really good, but I decided to wait for the paperback, which is finally out now! Not sure about the cover though ...
- THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett - Now, I got this for free so I really shouldn't complain, but but but I can't help bringing up the cover. Yes, I hear the book is really good and I've been wanting to read it, BUT how can I get past this cover?!?! This has got to be one of the most awful covers I have ever come across and I just cannot justify it. :( In my eyes, everything's completely wrong: the colour combination (eww), the plain text, the random birds. There's just no excuse for this cover, seriously - I find it straight up HORRIBLE. I know it's not chick lit and the cover's not meant to be pretty, but that doesn't mean you have to make it soooo BLAH. I would never ever spend money on a cover like this, but I got it for free so I can't bitch too much. Although if I do read (which I'm hoping to some day), I'll certainly use a book jacket or something.
- THE ANTI-PROM by Abby McDonald - I've loved all Abby's previous books and I'm very excited about this one too, it's bound to be fantastic!
- THE FITZOSBORNES IN EXILE by Michelle Cooper - I haven't read the first book (Brief History of Montmaray), but I suspect it's good stuff so I just got the sequel.
- A YEAR WITHOUT AUTUMN by Liz Kessler - Very intrigued by the premise of this one!
- ROYALLY CRUSHED by Niki Burnham - Isn't this cover just the cutest?! I couldn't resist it!
- THE LYING GAME by Sara Shepard - Now, I haven't read PLL yet (gasp, I know!), but I'm fully planning to as it sounds amazing and so does this book - right up my alley! Very excited!
- RUNNING IN HEELS by Helen Bailey - I like the sound and the look of this one so I just myself a copy to read one day.
Last but not least, I also got a copy of THE TIME-TRAVELING FASHIONISTA by Bianca Turetsky, which is absolutely gorgeous both inside and out! It's beautifully illustrated so I just couldn't resist taking a few snaps on how it looks on the inside - isn't it just amazing? Yeah, I think so.
That's it from me - what did YOU get?????? :)