7 June 2009

PostSecret & more books

I love Sunday Secrets and here's one that seems appropriate, hehe:
I admit I used to scorn chick-lit as well (years ago), but then I discovered what fun it actually is and now I proudly call myself a chick-lit fan and would gladly be seen in public reading an excellent "trashy" book (d'oh, the covers are usually beautiful), I don't care what others think - chick lit ftw! :)

The other day I ordered not one, not two, not three but FOUR books:


I would also like to take this opportunity to express my unadulterated hatred for The Book Depository - the most evil online bookshop ever because they sell fabulous books at a cheap price and most importantly, they do not charge delivery (!!!), which is crucial if you live in continental Europe (like yours truly). Basically, I detest this fantastic bookshop because they made my dreams come true and now I order books like a maniac; it's like feeding heroin to a junkie, really bad. The reasonable part of me thinks this is the worst thing that could have happened to a book junkie like me, but the book junkie in me looooooooooooves it. I can't express how happy I feel when I get home from work and there are new books waiting for me. :D

Speaking of which, the two books I ordered last week arrived yesterday and I'll probably start reading Wintergirls tonight, provided I don't slack too much (again) throughout the day.

I also finished reading The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas yesterday and I can't wait to review it as the book was incredible, one that will stay with me forever. But that'll have to wait as I've already wasted enough time online and must focus now on other, supposedly more pressing tasks. Ta-ta!

ETA @ 00:21 - READING WINTERGIRLS. SEVENTY PAGES IN AND I AM AMAZED, REALLY BLOWN AWAY. I hang on every word and this just might be by far the best book I've read in a loooong while. Wish I could stay up all night reading it but sadly that isn't possible (damn you, real world). But all I can say for now is WOW.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I read West End Girls last week. I hope you enjoy it! x

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Ooh, will you post a review? Please don't say I missed it, that's just not possible. ;) And did you like the book?

Anonymous said...

I'll post it tomorrow! I did enjoy it, yes. It was an easy and quick read! x

PS, Can I ask where abouts in Europe you live? I'm in the Canaries!

Windowpane Memoirs said...

I want to read: The Declaration and The Resistance ... let me know if you like the story.


Peace
Michelle

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Will do! I really want to read them too, I can't seem to get around to them, heh.

Post a Comment