1. THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
This one was simply too stunning for words. I just cannot get over the fact how beautifully written this book was and I loved the little handwritten notes between chapters.
2. MINI SHOPAHOLIC by Sophie Kinsella
Ms Kinsella delivers again! I absolutely adore all her books and this one was no exception - so wonderful and almost TOO hilarious! Long live the Queen of Wit Lit!
3. HELLO, HEARTBREAK by Amy Huberman
This one was a pleasant surprise! I wasn't expecting all that much, but I ended up laughing so much it literally hurt, plus the book made me feel all warm and fuzzy. So cute and incredibly funny!
4. MIDNIGHT GIRLS by Lulu Taylor
I only finished this like a couple of days ago so my review is yet to come, but whooooa this book was just brilliant! A totally gripping bonkbusters with lots of glitz & glamour and twists & turns! Incredibly well-plotted with great character development. It's well over 600 pages, but I honestly couldn't put it down!
5. PERSONALLY, I BLAME MY FAIRY GODMATHER by Claudia Carroll
Such an adorable (both inside & out) read - a fairytale gone backwards in a hilarious fashion! I love Irish chick lit!
6. THE HUNGER GAMES & CATCHING FIRE by Suzanne Collins
I know these were not published in 2010, but I simply cannot not feature them. Totally not my kind of reads, but I was just blown away by how gripping this series was. Granted I felt Mockingjay was a bit of a let down, but the first two installment were just amazing - brutal and crazy, but SO good!
7. THE LIBERATION OF ALICE LOVE by Abby McDonald
Abby writes amazing chick lit and I loved this book, just like The Popularity Rules! Great plot idea and well executed too!
8. SPOTLIGHT by Ilana Fox
Another gripping chick lit book! Loved the cover and the book was simply unputdownable!
9. SWAPPED BY A KISS by Luisa Plaja
Such a cute read about what happens when your crazy wishes really come true - I still smile just thinking about this book, it was so wonderful!
10. THE FINISHING TOUCHES by Hester Browne
I may not be too keen on the idea of finishing schools, but what makes this book so amazing is mostly the writing and the characters, most of whom I grew really fond of. This book was SO much better than I expected and it cracked me up at times!
Even thought I've only read 60+ books (disappointing number, I know!!), it was still quite difficult to narrow it down to just 10, but after some thinking I came up with the list above!
Honourable mentions aka the AWESOME books that nearly made the list (in no particular order):
- Cally Taylor: HEAVEN CAN WAIT
- Muriel Zagha: FINDING MONSIEUR RIGHT
- Kristin Walker: A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL
- Ruthanna Hopper and Amanda Goldberg: CELEBUTANTES
- Tara Hyland: DAUGHTERS OF FORTUNE
- Martel Maxwell: SCANDALOUS
- Sarah Webb: THE LOVING KIND
- Liane Moriarty: WHAT ALICE FORGOT
- Jojo Moyes: THE LAST LETTER FROM YOUR LOVER
- Michele Gorman: SINGLE IN THE CITY
- Kate Morton: THE DISTANT HOURS