30 July 2010

YOU WISH - Re-Create a Cover Contest @ Princess Bookie!

The lovely Princess Bookie is running another awesome Re-Create a Cover Contest, yay - read more about it here! I've always been a fan of these and I figured this time I might as well enter since I love covers and rambling about them. For this current contest, you have to re-create the cover for YOU WISH by Mandy Hubbard (which comes out on August 5th!) and here's what I came up with:

Not mind-blowing or terribly imaginative, I know, but it's the best I could do with Paint (true story, lol) and a serious lack of design skillz - it was all just a bit of fun! :)
To view the rest of the entries for this contest, click here and TO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE COVER, CLICK HERE!

Below is the super cute original cover as well as the plot summary, which explains my cover, hehe.
What if all your wishes really came true?
Kayla McHenry’s sweet sixteen sucks! Her dad left, her grades dropped, and her BFF is dating the boy Kayla’s secretly loved for years. Blowing out her candles, Kayla thinks: I wish my birthday wishes actually came true. Because they never freakin’ do.
Kayla wakes the next day to a life-sized, bright pink My Little Pony outside her window. Then a year’s supply of gumballs arrives. A boy named Ken with a disturbing resemblance to the doll of the same name stalks her. As the ghosts of Kayla’s wishes-past appear, they take her on a wild ride . . . but they MUST STOP. Because when she was fifteen? She wished Ben Mackenzie would kiss her. And Ben is her best friend’s boyfriend.

8 comments:

Tracey Joseph said...

I like this:) The ken doll and my little pony at the bottom adds a nice touch. Good luck.

Vicki said...

I love your cover! i wouldn't know where to start so i'm really impressed. This book sounds so cute too.

Jasindo said...

Wow. You did all this with Paint?! I would never manage.

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

You did an amazing job considering you only used Paint! Very nice!

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read said...

Aw, that's sweet and I think you did a great job! You kept some of the elements from the original cover, which is really cool, like the cake and the pony. Good luck with the contest!

Jenni said...

That is really cute! I like how it has everything in the description.

-Ria xo said...

Your cover is so sweet and cute!
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

i like the cover. when i fist saw it at barns and nobel the book got my attition and i read the back and liked it and walked out the store with it!! :)

Post a Comment