13 March 2010

In My Mailbox #34

IMM is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren in which bloggers post about the books we've received in the past week. Here's what was in *my* mailbox this week:



LITTLE DARLINGS by Jacqueline Wilson - Yeah, I just decided to take a picture of the whole book jacket because I think it's great and very eye-catching and I love it! I may have mentioned before that I have a bit of a soft spot for Ms Wilson so obviously I had to pre-order her new book and now it's finally arrived, yay!

I also finally got my copy of BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver. Readers of this blog already now that I've read this book months ago (it's actually the only book I've ever read on a comp) and it was soooo good that I just had to get a copy so I did (I pre-ordered it ages ago).

The last three books came in a surprise package from the lovely people at Headline (thanks so much!) and so I got:
THE PERFECT LIE by Emily Barr - Haven't read anything by this author yet, but I've heard great things about her books so I'm excited to give her a try!
DESIRE by Luise Bagshawe - Same as above, haven't read anything by LB yet, but looking forward to! This is just another ARC and the finished cover is lovely!
TOP TIPS FOR LIFE by Kate Reardon - This appears to be non-fiction, but it seems pretty cute and useful!

What did *you* get? I can't wait to find out! :)

ps: Thanks so much to everyone who entered my Before I Fall contest! I'm afraid I've been rather busy lately and sadly haven't had time to do all the entries and everything, but I promise to sort everything out in the next couple of days so the winner should be announced soon, just bear with me! :)

Hope you're having a great weekend, everyone!

32 comments:

Chloe said...

Desire by Louise Bagshawe is a super read, a real thriller type book and I loved it. Top Tips for Life is indeed non fiction and quite fun, love some of the tips! I have Emily Barr's to read too and it looks good, also I used to adore Jacqueline Wilson when I was younger, it's awesome she's still writing! x

Unknown said...

So I'm not a Jacqueline Wilson girl but some of my students went to a signing with her last weekend and were raving about Little Darlings. I read the first chapter and I thought it was (surprisingly) good. Might read Chapter 2 when it is back in the library. Enjoy!

Vicki said...

Great books. The Emily Barr one sounds really good (also love the cover on the amazon link lots) Enjoy!

Luisa at Chicklish said...

Yay, you have Little Darlings! I've heard it's brilliant. All the other books look fantastic too, and I'm really happy for you that you have another copy of Before I Fall because I know how much you love it!

prophecygirl said...

Ooh you got the pretty hardcover of Before I Fall. Is it lovely?

I hope you enjoy all these - I especially like the Little Darlings cover :)

Robby said...

Before I Fall is so wonderful. :]

RaĆ­la said...

God. I am in love with BIF without have even read it! Such a crazy. Hope it reaches my expectations!

YA Book Queen said...

Fantastic books! Isn't the hardcover of BIF gorgeous? The Perfect Lie sounds pretty interesting,

Hope you love them all! :D

So Many Books, So Little Time said...

I'm reading Before I Fall at the moment and really enjoying it. I used to love Jacqueline Wilson when I was younger but haven't read anything by her since Jacky Daydream. It needs to change!

Unknown said...

what a nice selection, my sister loves Jacqueline Wilson books.

Naomi

naomisbookreviews.blogspot.com

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Lucky DUCK

-Ria xo said...

Little Darlings <3

P said...

Sometimes when I see the haul you book bloggers end up with I am just unbelievably jealous! I WANT MORE BOOKS! (Despite the fact I have piles upon piles of about 40 books still to read. Sheer greed on my part, eh?)

Stormi said...

Enjoy your books.

Tales of Whimsy said...

oooo I love the Perfect Lie cover :) Happy reading!

I'm a Lit-Bitch, Baby said...

Awesome set of books this week!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Little Darlings looks wonderful - enjoy all these great reads!

Miss Remmers said...

I so need to purchase Before I Fall! I really hope you enjoy it!

Monster of Books said...

Before I fall looks soo good, and I've heard so many good things about it. Enjoy your haul!!

Lauren said...

It's been years since I read anything by Jacqueline Wilson, but I've seen the blurb for that one and I kind of like the sound of it.

Before I Fall really is amazing, isn't it?

Milka said...

Great books this week! Before I Fall is soooo goood!

Maria (Serpentine Library) said...

Little Darlings looks amazing! Jacqueline Wilson is very popular at my library, her books fly off the shelf!! It's definitely a must read. Have a great week.

Kate Reardon said...

"Cute and useful"! That's EXACTLY what I wanted Top Tips for Life to be, thank you SO much!
Kate Reardon

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Nice variety of books! I need to read Before I Fall - I'm seeing it everywhere! Enjoy all your books.

Here's my In My Mailbox for this week.

Christina T said...

The Perfect Lie sounds fantastic. I am adding it to my TBR list. I've always wanted to travel to Italy and the premise is really interesting. I hope you enjoy all your books.

Here is what's in my mailbox.

Stephanie said...

These look good! Everyone seems to be raving about Before I Fall -- I hope you love it, too.

Ng said...

The Jacqueline Wilson cover is fantastic. I used to adore her books! I hope you enjoy the Headline books, too!

Corrine said...

The Emily Barr one looks really good, and hey we both received Before I Fall this week! :) Happy reading!

Little Miss Becky :) said...

Looks like cool stuff---I hear Before I Fall is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Interesting new reads! Everyone seems to have gotten Before I Fall this week! I'm a new follower :)

My mailbox is here!

Jan von Harz said...

Definitely want Before I Fall. Your other titles look very interesting too.

Lori said...

A cool and eclectic selection of books. I hope that you will enjoy them all. Here'smine

Post a Comment