24 March 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: CUM LAUDE by Cecily von Ziegesar

This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine.
This week I'm waiting on Cecily on Ziegesar's supposedly first adult novel called Cum Laude (explanation here).
Cecily von Ziegesar is famous for being the author of the Gossip Girl series, which I haven't read, but I watched the first two seasons of the TV show and quite enjoyed it actually (in a 'guily pleasure' kind of way, hehe).
Anyway, this new series sounds seems fun too, as you can see below. I can't make up my mind about the cover, I suppose I like it. Can't wait to see the final version though!


CUM LAUDE
by Cecily von Ziegesar
[1 June 2010]

Dexter College is a small liberal arts college in the quiet town of Home, Maine. But it won’t stay quiet for long with this new group of freshmen. There’s Shipley—blond, and beautiful, the object of envy and more than a little lust. Her edgy roommate, Eliza, has an attitude and a mouth to match. There’s Tom, the artist/jock, and Nick, his pot-smoking roommate. Adam, the introvert, lives at home with his parents and not-so-little sister. And finally there’s the requisite older guy who never quite left school...

Cum Laude is a witty, intimate, and unconventional take on the coming-of-age story. College is about more than just cramming and keg parties. It’s about doing things you’d never imagine yourself doing because you’re madly in love, stuck in the middle of nowhere, and may have just taken a mind-altering substance.

With Gossip Girl, Cecily von Ziegesar created a publishing and television sensation intended for young people, but embraced with equal fervor by adults. Her novels, praised for their humor, insight, and warmth—have sold more than six million copies. Now von Ziegesar embraces her sizable eligible-to-vote audience with an adult novel that grabs the reader from word one.

ps: Don't forget to enter my DAUGHTERS OF FORTUNE contest if you haven't already!
Speaking of contests, you can win a copy SHADE by Jeri Smith-Ready over @ The YA Book Queen - but hurry up, this international contest ends tomorrow, March 25th! Good luck! :)

17 comments:

Luisa at Chicklish said...

Wow, is it Wednesday already?! :)
This is a great choice - it sounds like a really fun read! Thank you for highlighting it.

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Hey, Luisa! :) Yep, we're one hour ahead of you here so it is Wednesday already and also high time for me to call it a night! ;)

Sa Toya said...

This sound right up my alley...now officially on my wish list :)

prophecygirl said...

Thank you so much for this - I hadn't heard of this book, but I am pre-ordering it as I type this. I LOVE CVZ & Gossip Girl, so I'm sure I'll love this. Yay.. how exciting!

Luisa at Chicklish said...

It's Wednesday here too now. :)
I hadn't heard of this book before either, by the way, and it's now on my wishlist. Thank you again!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I loved the Gossip Girl series until the show bastardized it haha perhaps I'll give this book a go, too! :)

bookaholic said...

I loved Gossip girl series. This seems like a good read too :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Wow, she has an adult novel coming out?? I really really like the gossip girl series!! It girl wasn't really as great, but I love gossip girl.

Leanna Elle said...

I am a gossip girl addict, and I love coming of age stories, so this is definitely for me! Great pick! I will be checking this one out.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... sounds interesting. I can see the similarities to the Gossip Girl series in the summary but still, I'd give this a try for sure. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The cover is really nice too. :)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds too deep for me but I like the cover :)

YA Book Queen said...

I hadn't heard of this yet, but it sounds pretty good! Great pick! :)

MarjoleinBookBlog said...

Hi Kristen!
I just gave you a blog award!!
you can pick it up at my blog:
http://marjoleinbookblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award-yay.html

Ng said...

This sounds fab, I might have to look it up. Is it just me or is the cover girl the same as this one for If I Stay by Gayle Forman? http://www.amazon.co.uk/If-Stay-Definitions-Gayle-Forman/dp/1862308314/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1269551159&sr=1-4

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Oh, I think you're right, Leah - well spotted! I hope this isn't the final cover though, I'm sure they can do better than this. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know that she was writing an adult series - thanks for the tip! :)

Nina said...

I haven't read the books of the Gossip Girl series. I only have watched the show on tv and yes I really like it. Those clothes! Fabulous.
This book sounds very good, maybe i will read it.

Post a Comment