16 March 2010

Waiting On Wednesday + Did YOU win a copy of BEFORE I FALL?

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine and it's meant for posting about the upcoming releases we're looking forward to.

Last week I posted a YA duo so this week I've decided to combine two chick lit reads that I can't wait to read. These two don't really have a similar theme, but what they have in common (apart from the genre) is that they both sound great and look lovely - what's not to love? :) So here are my this week's picks ...


SINGLE IN THE CITY
by Michele Gorman
[24 June 2010]
It’s official. Hannah has left her friends and family in the US behind and is following her dream. To live in London. Unfortunately she's completely unprepared for what's in store.
She’s going to find:
1. Her dream guy. A prince or Hugh Grant would be nice. Or does she have to settle for her half-naked Australian housemate or an "English gentleman" with terrible hygiene habits?
2. Her dream job. Something fantastic in fashion. So how has she ended up being the mini-me for an evil party planner who doesn’t even trust her to arrange the paperclips?
3. Her dream friends. But everyone in London seems to have known each other for years and Hannah’s having trouble getting to know nice people. Who’s she going to have fun with? Dream life? Should Hannah just dream on?
Maybe it would have been simpler and cheaper to just get a new haircut. Was she mad to move 3,000 miles away from everyone she knows? Will she ever find love and her perfect life in England?


JUST LOOK AT ME NOW
by Nell Dixon

[5 August 2010]
Tia's top beauty tip: apply heavy make-up carefully to prevent any cracks from showing...
Life is fabulous for Tia Carpenter. She has it all, money, looks, a great job as the beauty expert at stylish Platinum magazine and, at last, the attention of her unrequited high school love, Josh Banks.
But Tia has a secret – back at school she was Barbara Baker, overweight, crooked teeth, frizzy hair and no fashion sense. Cosmetic dentistry, losing seven stones in weight and a complete makeover later, Tia has successfully erased her past life as Big Barb, tub of lard, until the day Juliet Gold, the bane of her teenage existence, arrives to work at the magazine.
Juliet always got everything she ever wanted, and now she wants both Tia’s job and Josh. Tia will have to use every makeover trick she’s ever learned to stop Juliet from uncovering her past and stealing her man.
Ooh, don't they sound fantastic! I can't wait to get my hands on these perfect summer reads! :)

Lastly, I believe it's high time I announced the winner of my BEFORE I FALL contest, which ended last week. Sorry for taking so long, but these entries take quite a while to count and check (note to self: look into Google Docs, apparently that's a good solution to this problem, heh). Anyway, as it turns out, 39 people entered this contest and altogether there were 214 entries, yay! Thanks SO much for everyone who entered! I'd love to give a copy of this fantastic book to each one of you fabulous people, but sadly there can be only one winner - random.org picked number 118, which belongs to ... REBECCA @ Lost in Books! Congrats to the winner of a hardcover copy & some signed swag, I'll be emailing you shortly! As for others, please don't despair and stay tuned for some other great giveaways in the near future! :)

19 comments:

Emidy @ Une Parole said...

Those both sound like cute reads! And congrats to Rebecca for winning the contest - Before I Fall sounds too good to be true!

Emidy
from Une Parole

Anonymous said...

Congrats Becca!

Those books sound great. I'm liking Just Look at Me Now. Here is mine

Kitty Deschanel said...

I'm so glad I found this blog! I'd never heard of either of those books before, but they both sound like exactly the type of story I'll enjoy. I'm currently reading I'm Sorry You Feel That Way: The Astonishing But True Story of a Daughter, Sister, Slut, Wife, Mother, and Friend to Man & Dog. I checked it out from the library based solely on the name and am happy to report that, at least so far, the book is exceeding my expectations!

http://lambaround.blogspot.com

bookaholic said...

The books look and sound super cute!

Becca said...

Yay! Thanks so much! I am super excited to read this. I'm e-mailing you right now!

Monster of Books said...

The covers look absolutely adorable.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Rebecca! I LOVE the cover of Single in the City, and the blurb sounds interesting, I think I'll put this on my wishlist :-)

Luisa at Chicklish said...

These look like good reads! And congratulations to your winner!

Tales of Whimsy said...

These look adorable. I tell you girl: I LOVE the books you find ;)

Nina said...

Both books look great and sound fantastic.

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

Single in the City looks so cute!!

Novelicious said...

Really like the look and sound of the Michelle Gorman one xx

Vicki said...

Oh snap! I have Single in the City as my WoW! Just Look At Me Now sounds really good too.

Tahereh said...

i love your blog!! and these books sound great!

thanks so much for sharing :D

Milka said...

Both of these sound great, especially Single in the City!

dkm1981 said...

I love the sound of Single in the City - it sounds a bit like I Heart New York, but the other way round - I've just reviewed that one on my site and it sounds like a similar story, but the main character leaves England for a new life in the US - you should have a look!

Unknown said...

Hi Suzana, just wanted to let you know you have an award waiting for you here .

Chloe said...

I can't wait for Single In The City, it sounds like a really fun read!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for Swapped by a kiss :)

Great post -as always.

Congrats to Rebecca!
Ria xx

Post a Comment