2 January 2010

In My Mailbox #24 + Important updates!

Happy New Year, everyone, and welcome to my first IMM of 2010 (still hosted by The Story Siren).

I've got heaps of books on the way, but only one arrived before the holidays this week - Scones & Sensibility by Lindsay Eland. Now, isn't this just the most adorable cover ever?! And the story sounds really cute too!

(Speaking of cute & adorable things, guess who got a pink camera as a New Year's present from her lovely boyfriend? Yep, that would be me! ;) I've always wanted a pink camera and this just happens to be the cutest and the coolest one ever, I love it! Plus it's totally badass with its 12.2 megapixels & other goodies so you can obviously expect more quality pics here in the future. *lol smiley face* :p)

But before we all overdose with the cuteness here, let's move on to more serious matters! I got this blog domain name yesterday and thus I changed my blog name from BOOKALICIOUS to BOOKALICIOUS RAMBLINGS. Just because. :) The new address is:
www.bookalicious-ramblings.net
So please update the links in your sidebars and everywhere. And if I'm not in your sidebar yet, then wahey you can always add me, I don't mind at all. ;) I'll be adding new links to my sidebar too since the old was one somehow deleted in the process so I have to start afresh. Let me know if you'd like to be added.

Anyway, the new domain name is just the first of the several exciting changes I have planned for 2010. I'm planning to change my layout soon too so stay tuned to see what happens.

That's it for this week's IMM and I expect things will be more exciting next week when more books finally arrive! I can't wait to see what everyone else got in the past week!

20 comments:

Luisa at Chicklish said...

I love your new name and I've changed our link on Chicklish! The book looks great too. :)

in which a girl reads said...

I can't wait to read Scones and Sensibility!

Happy Reading :)

Unknown said...

Oh my! Now I have to get myself a copy of Scones and Sensibility...it sounds absolutely adorable :-)

Can't wait for the new layout to be revealed...

Shweta said...

Scones And Sensibility looks great. Such a pretty cover :)

Nina said...

The books has a great cover, indeed very sweet and pretty! ;)

Have fun reading it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your input on the domain name discussion. I will update my links with the name change.
Can I be really cheeky as you are making a few changes? Could you increase the font size of your posts? My eyes find the small lettering a real challenge to decipher. Hope you don't mind me asking. I love following you :-D

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Thanks fot he suggestion, Becky! I think it's more the problem of the font colour rather than the size, don't you think? Generally I don't think the font's too small, but I'll definitely take this into account with the new layout, thanks! :)

Milka said...

I really want to read 'Scones and Sensibility'! I can't wait to read your review of it!

Laura (The Bookie Bunch) said...

I adore the cover of this one and really want to read it. Congrats on the new camera too! Pink is great!

Here's what I got this week: http://bookielaura.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1-3-10.html

Have a good one!

Kathy Martin said...

Scones and Sensibility looks good. I'll be eager to hear what you think about it. I like your new blog name too. Happy reading!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Eh, didn't like Scones and Sensibility that much, but I hope you do! And that camera is adorable. Happy reading! :)

YA Book Queen said...

That cover is so cute! And you got a pink camara! How awesome! Happy reading ;)

(and picture taking!)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I really want to read this one!! That's so awesome that you got a new camera!!!

Adriana said...

You have such a lovely blog! I can't believe I didn't find it sooner. Thanks for leaving a comment on mine.

Unknown said...

I just checked back in to make sure I hadn't offended you with my cheeky request. I think you may be right perhaps it is the colour that makes my eyes strain a bit. I love the whole pinkness of your blog though. It's cute!

Stephanie Scott said...

Have fun reading! Can't wait to get my hands on Scones and Sensibility!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

Becy - No, you hadn't offended me at all, I really appreciate such input! Besides, your comment was spot on and I really have to do something about the contrast (and the font as such) here. It's just that these things come with the blog and I can't be bothered to change them since I probably wouldn't know how anyway, hehehe. I'll just get a new layout instead. :)

Stephanie said...

I really like the new name. Happy reading!

Justine said...

Ooh, I've been pining for this one. The cover looks so nice! And yay, it's by Lindsey Eland!
Congrats on your new domain name :) Looking forward for more changes in 2010!

Tales of Whimsy said...

How cool :) Congrats :)

Post a Comment