16 January 2010

In My Mailbox #26

Yay, it's IMM time again! This week I got a lovely mix of chicklit & YA!


I haven't read any Jackie Collins' novels yet, but I really took a shine to this one due to the cover and the title - POOR LITTLE BITCH GIRL. I was planning to wait for the paperback, buuut then I saw the different paperback cover, which I really don't like, and decided to order the trade paperback immediately. Maybe that was the publishers' strategy? Either way, I prefer the original cover by an interstellar mile - it really caught my attention, whereas the second wouldn't make me pick up a copy, sorry. But I have one now so it's all good.

I've been wanting to read THE TRUTH ABOUT MELODY BROWNE forever, but I decided to wait for the paperback, which paid off since the cover is even nicer! I've heard grrrreat things about this one and I can't wait to read it - it'll be my first Lisa Jewell book!

Oh and after the WoW post on Playing the Field (which is essentially about a WAG), I was contacted by a mysterious author who thought I might find her series on WAGs interesting too so I agreed to review them. The Series is called WAGS World and so far two books have been published (PLAYING THE GAME and KNOWING THE SCORE), and the third book WORLD CUP WAGS should be out in June. I must admit WAGs are not something I'm preoccupied with generally, but these books look really cute!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else got. :)

20 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great books you got this week. They all look really interesting. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

Unknown said...

All your books are not exactly me but still I hope you enjoy them!

Shweta said...

I too haven't read any Jackie Collins.. Might try some day:) Nice haul this week

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

They all look like interesting reads

Brianne said...

I love the cover of The Truth About Melody Browne. It's cute. Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

Ooh...I'm just about to start reading The Truth About Melody Browne! Will be interested to hear what you think.

Stephanie said...

These look like fun books. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy Melody Browne!

Oh that WAGs series looks fab. Love anything WAG-tastic! (BTW, one of the best WAGs out there is Tracie Martin - the queen of Alison Kervin's WAGs Diary & WAG Abroad)

Just a quick q, am planning on buying Zoe Foster's debut when my Amazon voucher comes in and can't wait for her second (WAG factor) - can I just ask where you'll be getting it from? (If you are - I only assume since you loved her first) It isn't on Amazon.co.uk/BD.com!

x

YA Book Queen said...

Cool books! I haven't heard of any of them, but they do look interesting :)

Happy reading! :D

Corrine said...

Interesting books! Hope you enjoy them! :)

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Aloha!!

Excellent book stash in your mailbox.
I agree, that Jackie Collins book has a great cover and the title is very intriguing.
Enjoy your reads.

Btw, your blog layout is great. I have been looking into buying a layout but it's so hard to choose. I love your avatar on Twitter too!!=)

sarah darlington said...

Great books this week. I love your blog by the way.

Alexia561 said...

Haven't read Jackie Collins in years, but I remember that her books are fun reads. Enjoy!

Nina said...

That book written by Jackie Collins looks good. I hope it's good, so i can buy that one too. :)
Have fun reading the great books you got there!

Anonymous said...

These books look great! Enjoy your books and the Zoey Dean one that I sent off today!

in which a girl reads said...

I've never heard of any of those, but Jacki Collins looks interesting! :D

Justine said...

I haven't heard of any of these, actually. But Lisa Jewell's book sounds fantastic. I'm going to check that out :)
Happy reading!

Dot said...

Hope you enjoy Melody Browne, if you do you will have lots of other lovely Lisa Jewell books to catch up on!

Shantal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shantal said...

I haven't heard of any of these books, they look interesting,:) looking forward for reviews
:)

Here's what i got this week:

http://booknerds-are-pretty-too.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-my-mailbox-1.html

Happy Reading!!

Post a Comment