21 January 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: A RELUCTANT CINDERELLA

I really wanted to post a review of one of my favourite books and some other things this week, but I'm afraid real life is getting in the way these days ... I'm having a crazy busy week (thus all the unanswered emails for which I profoundly apologise, but I'll get to them asap) so I'm afraid those things will have to wait till next week when life will (hopefully) be a bit less busy. Oh and by the way, my In My Mailbox this week will be the most amazing thing you'll ever see! :p This has been the most amazing book week ever and I can't wait to show you all what I got so stay tuuuuned. :)

Anyway, funny things is, I wasn't even planning to do a Waiting On Wednesday this week since I had other things planned, but sadly all I have time for this week is a quick meme. I've actually just found out about this book on Chicklit Club and I really like the sound of it and must add it to my list of books I'm looking forward to in 2010. You might be thinking, "Oh, damn, not another silly romcom!", but I'm just a sucker for these. Finish them off with a pretty cover and I'm sold! :)

So here's my this week's pick, which comes out in MAY 2010:


A RELUCTANT CINDERELLA by Alison Bond
Samantha Sharp turned seventeen, left her old life behind and moved to London, determined to make her fortune.Ten years later and she’s a super-agent to the stars, with her name in the papers, millions in the bank, and one success after another. Love has taken a back seat because her past has put her off relationships for good. Everyone's got a history but Samantha’s is particularly murky. What’s more, she hasn’t got to the top of her game without collecting a few enemies along the way. So when she meets a man who might be a little bit dangerous, someone she’s finally close to loving, is there anyone to tell her what a terrible mistake she’s making? Will Samantha find her happy ever after? And if her carefully hidden past comes into the light,will her fairytale coach turn back into a pumpkin? Samantha Sharp needs to find a way to cling onto her sparkle …

6 comments:

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I love Cinderella stories...this sounds so cute! :)

Luisa at Chicklish said...

Ah, I love this kind of story too! Great post. :)

Unknown said...

Actually this is the sort of book that I think sounds like a lot of fun. Okay so it isn't my usual read but I love a bit of romantic magic.

Tales of Whimsy said...

O you always find the coolest stuff! *high five* I can't wait to read this one. I'm off to add it to my list.

P said...

This sounds great. I liked the author's previous novels so I would definitely give this a go!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks great! Love a twist on fairy tales!

Post a Comment