6 January 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: PLAYING THE FIELD

My this week's pick is PLAYING THE FIELD by the awesome & talented & oh so witty Zoë Foster, an Australian author whose debut novel Air Kisses unexpectedly jumped straight into my Top 5 Books of 2009! And I even got a chance to interview her, woohoo!

So her next work of fiction will be RELEASED IN FEBRUARY and this time it's about a WAG! Air Kisses was about a beauty editor and I wasn't too sure about that either, didn't really sound like my cup of tea, but in the end I looooved it! So I'm sure Playing the Field will be equally fantastic - wahey, hopefully even better! I cannot wait!!! (Credit for the synopsis goes to Chicklit Club.)
"Jean Bennett knows as much about football as she does astrophysics. But when she moves to the bright lights of Sydney and falls in love with a star footballer, Josh Fox, she has to learn - fast. Thrown eyelashes first into the world of WAGs, Jean is way out of her league. She navigates her way through semi-finals, a gruelling social calendar and salacious scandals on Josh's arm, safe in the knowledge he belongs to her or so she thinks. But as her hair gets blonder, her heels higher and her tops lower, Jean begins to wonder who she's become."

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This book is as far from my comfort zone as you could probably get. Hope you enjoy it though :-)

Shweta said...

Liked the blurb. Though it is chick lit I might want to read it ..:)

Tales of Whimsy said...

Sounds cute. Reminds me of that tv show "The Game".

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This sounds so cute! I am wondering what a wag is though. Enjoy!

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

Doesn't sound like my type, necessarily, but I bet I'd read it anyway :)

Justine said...

Nice! I think I'll give this one a try :) And the girls in the cover look like...barbie dolls. Haha.

Mariana S said...

That book looks good ;)

BTW, you have an award in our blog :)

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

Nice, another I have not heard of

Post a Comment