18 November 2009

Waiting On Wednesday: MAY, APRIL & JUNE

Three sisters, three extraordinary, life-changing powers!
"I hugged my sisters and they fit against my sides like two jigsaw pieces that would never fit anywhere else. I couldn’t imagine ever letting them go again, like releasing them would be to surrender the best parts of myself."

Three sisters share a magical, unshakeable bond in this witty high-concept novel from the critically acclaimed author of Audrey, Wait! Around the time of their parents’ divorce, sisters April, May, and June recover special powers from childhood—powers that come in handy navigating the hell that is high school. Powers that help them cope with the hardest year of their lives. But could they have a greater purpose?

April, the oldest and a bit of a worrier, can see the future. Middle-child May can literally disappear. And baby June reads minds—everyone’s but her own. When April gets a vision of disaster, the girls come together to save the day and reconcile their strained family. They realize that no matter what happens, powers or no powers, they’ll always have each other.

Because there’s one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.

As soon as I found out about this book, it immediately jumped to the top of my THINGS I NEED RIGHT NOW wishlist and it's featured on all top three spots! I honestly cannot wait till August 2010 to read it, that's just plain torture!
I'm currently reading Audrey, Wait by the same author, Ms Robin Benway, and it's one of the most fun books ever, I loooove it (review coming soon)! That's why I'm convinced that The Extraordinary Secrets of May, April & June will be a kickass book too! It just has SO much potential, starting with the intriguing title, the stunning & eye-catching cover and I'm hella excited about the plot just reading *about* it, I'll probably just burst with excitement when I'm actually reading the book, lol! Those three magical powers (seeing the future, disappearing & mind reading) sound like the coolest things ever, but I can see how they could cause serious problems too, haha!
Honestly, I just cannot wait to read this book!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think this book sounds like a great read. I hadn't heard of this author until a few days ago and now I keep seeing everyone talking about Love, Aubrey and I've honestly not heard of it before the last week. Weird. Sounds like I'm missing out!

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

You're missing out indeed - Audrey, Wait is a fantastic read, I totally recommend it!! Love, Aubrey was written by another author though, but that one's on my wishlist too! :)

Amy said...

After reading her first book I'm 99.999 percent sure this is going to be a winner too ;-D I love your layout btw. So pretty:-D I made mine on paint, which is pretty glaringly obvious. :0
-amy

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

This book just can't fail. So much potential and such a fantastic author, it's a win for sure!
Thanks, glad you like it! Wish I could take credit for it, but I just found it online. Yours is nice too, plus you actually made it yourself, kudos!! :)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks really good!! Kind of lighthearted supernatural instead of all the dark ones that are out.

Camryn said...

I want to read this! It's drama and fantasy intertwined. Stories about sisters always get to me too. Great find. :)

I Want To Read That said...

I want to read this too:) Just wanted to let you know there is an award for you here

Post a Comment